Views
Helpful
Replies

Lock EX90 interface?

Leroy Plock
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

We have been asked if we can lock the EX90 touchpad so that someone would have to enter credentials before using the system.

As far as I can tell this is not possible. Does anyone know of a way to do this, or approximate this?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Leroy,

For now, you can only block acess to admin settings, you cannot deny access to basic device operation, such as making calls, for example.

Can you tell us a bit more about why you need to have this setting?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Thanks for your reply and the verification.

I don't actually know what brought this on, why they're requesting it. We were just asked by an executive if it is possible.

Thanks.

As Paulo has said, you can only lock people out of the admin settings on the touchpanel, and not the ability to make a call.

I guess one solution to the problem would be to remove the touch panel altogether... then when they need to make a call, they'll have to ring someone to get them to dail the unit for them (via web interface, or TMS scheduler, command line, etc).

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.