Views
Helpful
Replies

Lync to C-Series/MXP End Point Calls using B2BUA

Robert McAffery
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Community,

I have integrated Lync 2010 into a VCS-C X7.03 using B2BUA.  All is working fine.

Can you please clarify how you can call from a Lync client to a VC EP.  The only way I am aware of is using FineMe.  You create a USER in AD with a mailbox and a Lync account with a SIP URI.  You then use this SIP URI as the FindMe UserID.  The FindMe account and the AD/Lync account are the connected through the B2BUA. The EP then has to have an URI address in order for Presence to work in Lync.

Is there any other way of doing it?

The reason I am asking is that in this project I have also got TMSXE V3.  There are already Room Mailboxes with similar names to the SIP/Lync account.  I do not want the users to get confused with what account to call or book.

Is there anyway round this?

Thanks,

Robert

1 Reply 1

ryan_oconnell
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Robert,

As far as I know you only have 2 options. The one you mentioned using findme, or you can use static routes but in order to use static routes you need to put your endpoints in a domain different from whats used in Lync. So if your Lync accounts use <alias@example.com> you could put your endpoints in a subdomain called "@vc.example.com". Then in Lync create a static route for anything going to vc.example.com point to VCS B2BUA. Anyway it's outlined in the MCU section of the Lync to VCS integration guide if you  are looking for more detail.

Good luck!!