cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Macro - I am trying to build a Macro for MS teams

pSquare
Level 1
Level 1

There will be a main Button on the home Screen "MS Teams" and once clicked it will pop up two options "Internal Meeting" and "External Meeting".
If the Internal meeting option is clicked - it should use the CVI and join the meeting using the Video Conference ID (already have a working Macro for this).
If the External meeting option is clicked - it should use the WebRTC and join the meeting using the Meeting ID and Passcode. 

does anyone have anything similar to this or if you can please direct me in the right direction? I am new to the Macro world but willing to put some time into making this work. 

11 Replies 11

dhowitt45
Level 1
Level 1

Hey pSquare, 

Have you had any luck with this? 

Hi dhowitt45, 

No luck, but Cisco has confirmed that this is on their roadmap. To just have one button and depending if it's CVI or WebRTC call it will fall over accordingly. Currently using both icons with relevant name for colleagues and its been working great so far. 

dhowitt45
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me. That's great news.

So can I check, do you currently have two macro buttons, 1 for internal CVI and 1 for external WebRTC?

pSquare
Level 1
Level 1

Yes correct, 2 one for the externally hosted meeting and the second one for the Internal CVI-hosted meeting. Make sure there is a clear name in the CVI Button so colleagues understand why there are 2 MS teams. We decided to go with " MS Teams - CompanyName Hosted Meetings" 

pSquare_0-1688662002160.png

dhowitt45
Level 1
Level 1

That looks awesome. Are you able to share the Macro for the WerbRTC button please?

This is a game changer for me.

https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/roomdevices-macros-samples 
use the "Join 3rd Party meeting" You will need to update the code to reflect your org and Meeting domain details. 

AFAIKT this macro is for SIP calls, not for WebRTC that @dhowitt45 was asking for.

image.png

Response Signature

Hey Roger,

Yes that right, I was hoping to get a WebRTC macro but do you know if there is one available that will work or if it is even possible?

It looks like @pSquare managed to get one to work? Unless I have misunderstood.

Thanks for your help.

dhowitt45
Level 1
Level 1

Nice one. thanks pSquare. Really appreciate your input

can I just check, this is the same script you are using for CVI and WebRTC? I'm using the same script for CVI but have not looked into editing it for WebRTC. not sure if it would work?

I'm testing on a Cisco Room Kit Running Room OS11 and it does not have a Microsoft Teams shortcut macro by default (like the google Meet.)

oops sorry, I thought you are asking for CVI Macro. For WebRTC, switch to the beta channel (11.4+) and use the native MS teams button. 

Legend! thanks a lot mate. I'll do that.

Appreciate your help.