Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Masking the CLID in CUCM

I have an ip phone with extension 6612 in NY,where the user wants to have the CLID as unknown number. I have removed the external phone number mask and left as blank. when i make call to one of the cell number it displays unknown number,but when i try dialing to another cell number,it displays the 6612 number.The calls are going through the H323 gateway and hitting the US PSTN.Not sure ,why its behaviour is different for different cell numbers.The number where i am getting the unknown number is a NY number ,so i assume the other would be something like LD number with different area code.

Is there a way,i could get the caller-id masked as unknown number?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is Video Over IP, please move this to a relevant area.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

If you have a mixture of phones within the organisation that needs this you can create another set of calling search spaces, route patterns, etc some such as hCLI-NYC-National-CSS so when a user dials an outside line you perform digit manipulation to prefix to hide the caller ID code in front of the dialed number, for the US I believe its *67 so this removes the user having to do this themselves and every call will block the caller ID.