cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mcu admin account disabled

nrlresearch
Level 1
Level 1

In TMS noticed that the MCU had an error "wrong password/username".  Tried to log on to MCU with the web browser and it indicates that the Admin account is disabled.  I am the admin and have not disabled my account.  Can I make a serial connection and reset the admin password?  What setting would I look for during serial connection that would disable the admin account?

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What MCU do you have?  The following guide is how to reset the password via console.

cisco_telepresence_resetting_password_restoring_factory_settings_kb_13

Is the MCU using "Advanced account security mode", which will lock the admin account for up to 30 minutes, other regular accounts indefinitely until the admin enables them.

MCU 4501 and yes I am using advanced account security mode.  Its been 24 hrs and the admin account is still disabled.  If I following the link above will it only reset the password or am I going to reenter everything?  I do have a config backup.  This seem to have happened after upgrading to 4.5(1.45).

In order to reset the admin password, you have to factory reset the MCU, and yes, that will clear all configurations making you have to reconfigure the MCU from default settings.  You could upload the backup you have to the MCU after you perform the factory reset, as long the MCU that it was taken from is the same version you're running now.

What software version was the MCU running before the upgrade?

There have been reports for some of the older versions that the password resets back to the default (blank) password on an upgrade from certain old versions.

Have you tried the default (blank) admin password?  Could be worth a shot before doing a reset_config or reset_password.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.