Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU Registration

juan_cye_ccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured a MCU 4501 and i´d like to register some ex90, c60 and profile 55 devices through SIP protocol, Can i do that? or these devices only can be registered by h323.

Thanks in advanced.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi. These devices can register SIP and H323 if you have a device like VCS. If registering to mcu gk, tthat only supports H323. It would best to have VCS to have SIP TO SIP and H323 to H323 calls and VCS also provides interworking of needed as well. Hope this helps.

VR

Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi. These devices can register SIP and H323 if you have a device like VCS. If registering to mcu gk, tthat only supports H323. It would best to have VCS to have SIP TO SIP and H323 to H323 calls and VCS also provides interworking of needed as well. Hope this helps.

VR

Patrick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Embedded GK on MCU only offer basic H.323 Gatekeeper feature/function.

Cisco highly recommend to deploy VC solution with VCS which allow to enhance VC solution including SIP deployment as well as H.323/SIP interworking so that you can protect your past investigation.

BTW, Cisco offer VM version of VCS which available from cisco.com.

This version come with demo license (3 registration, 1 traversal and 1 non-traversal call) so you can try it how it will fit into your deployment.

Hi,

can I download a demo version of the vcs expressway?

Thx

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

No, VM VCS with demo license currently only available for VCS Control.

Thx Tomonori

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

juan_cye_ccna
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all for your prompt assistance.