cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mr

binyam.megabi
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco SX20 with  software versioinTC 7.3.18a4696f working with cisco Unified Call manager 9.0.

I want to register SX20 as a IP phone.

Cisco sent me software license  BE6k-PAK and UCM-9X-UCT-TP with a PAK number to register SX20 in CUCM. can you please advise me the procedure on how to install this licences including the activation?

can anyone please update me which device to install this licences? is it CUCM or SX20? 

Further is it a must to have license to create communication between SX20 and CUCM?

please share any procedure  to create communication between the devices and the need for licences and which specific license I have to use?

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to add the UCM-9X-UCT-TP license to Enterprise License Manager so it can be used within CUCM, refer to the ELM User Guide.   Afterward you can add the SX20 into CUCM, refer to Administering TC Endpoints on CUCM 9.1.2 (TC7.0).

Dear Patrick,

Thank you.

To make my question specific, can you please inform me the procedure to add the licences in the CUCM?

is there any device pack/licencse or any sort of this kind to be used for communication between SX20 and CUCM? 

As mentioned in my previous reply, refer to the ELM User Guide to add the license to CUCM, see the "License Fulfillment" section.

Whenever you register the SX20 to CUCM, it will consume the UCM-9X-UCT-TP license you added within ELM.  You might have to install a device pack for the SX20, refer to the CUCM Device Package Compatibility Matrix.