cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE 8510 too many participants

John Garrison
Level 1
Level 1

I have a MSE 8510 blade and I have the auto attendant configured for  7007.  When I call from an endpoint I get connected for one seconnd an  then the call drops.  The log on the MSE says that it cannot add  participant 51 because it has too many participants.  When I try  starting a conference on the MCU and then adding participants it gives  me an error message that there are "Too many participants"  "It has not  been possible to add the specified participant into this confrence."  "This is either because the participant limit for this confrence has  been reached, or the total number of active participants would exceed  the maximum permitted on this machine."  When I look at the participants  page under confrences there are no participants.  Any suggestions on  how to proceed would be appreciated

7 Replies 7

sagsheth
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

Few questions here

1. How many permanent conference do have?

2. Go to Setting Tab in the MCU and check if Media port reservation is enabled?

3. if Media port reservation is enabled, then go to each conference and check if there is some value set for "Video ports to reserve"

Regards,

Sagar

1. There are no permenant confrences

2. Media port reservation is disabled

• Under Settings > Media ports, what is the number of video ports allocated to your 8510?
  • For the conferences you're trying to add participants to, is there a configured limit?  Conference in queston > Configuration > Maximum video participants.

20 dedicated streaming and content ports

I am creating the conferences with no max on the participants(blank)

What about Status > Conferences > Video ports in use?

Should be something like: #active (#historic) / #total.

Hi John,

1. Login to MCU and go to settings>Media ports

2. Please provide the snapshot of same page

3. Also login to Sup blade and go to port licenses

4. Click on MSE-8420-PL and check the number of port licenses allocated to media blade in question

Regards,
Sagar

When I upgaded something must have happened.  I have no ports except for streaming fixing it as soon as I get access to the supervisor.  Thanks for the help.