cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Name Labels and Image Blurred When Jabber for Windows Client Joins CMR

David McCann
Level 1
Level 1

I have on premise CMRs managed by TMSPE.  When a J4W client joins the CMR the name label and the video quality is blurred.  This occurs with two J4W participants or  one J4W and one Telepresence endpoint.   This does not occur with two TP endpoints or  in a call involving any combination of three endpoints.  As soon as a third endpoint enters the call the name label and image clears.

J4W: v11.9.2

TMSPE 1.9

Conductor: 4.3

TPS:4.4

CUCM 11.5

Expressway: 8.9

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Are any of the Jabber clients, TelePresence endpoints, and Conductor in the same region in CUCM? Is this only affecting Jabber clients, what about TelePresence endpoints?
Check what the bandwidth and resolution is with just a single Jabber client connected, and then again when either another Jabber client or TelePresence endpoint connects.
At first glance, it sounds as if there isn't enough bandwidth, so the resolution drops to a low quality whenever the second participant connects to the conference.

Patrick,

None of the  endpoints are in the same region.
This only affects Jabber clients.
The bandwidth is unchanged by the addition of new clients.  (Regions are set to 2000Kbps,Locations unlimited).

The problem is not that the image gets worst as participants are added but that the image gets better. A one on one  with  between a Jabber client and a Telepresence endpoint in a CMR yields a very blurred name label from the Jabber client.

Thanks for the response.

Patrick,

None of the  endpoints are in the same region.
This only affects Jabber clients.
The bandwidth is unchanged by the addition of new clients.  (Regions are set to 2000Kbps,Locations unlimited).

The problem is not that the image gets worst as participants are added but that the image gets better. A one on one  with  between a Jabber client and a Telepresence endpoint in a CMR yields a very blurred name label from the Jabber client.

Tried searching, didn't find any bugs that I could find regarding the name labels. Is this something that recently started, or has the name labels always been blurry? What resolution is the Jabber client receiving when the name labels are blurry and when they're not?

Patrick I appreciate your investigation on this.
The name labels are blurred on the other endpoint in the CMR.  
If jabber is endpoint A  and second participant (DX, C40, SX) is endpoint B in a CMR endpoint B sees the blurred name plate and image.

If endpoint C joins the name plate for  A clears immediately.

I have also noticed that this occurs with any endpoint  sharing  a resolution below 360P or below.