cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need capability in TMS to schedule a CMS conference by assigning a specific CMS space

pacavell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My higher ed customer currently uses TMS to schedule lecture capture for their classes. They use TPS as the bridge and TCS as the recording server. With this infrastructure they can schedule a class and have the recording tied tied to specific instructors and then TCS places the recording in an NFS share on Ensemble for that instructor. The instructor can then go to Ensemble and then publish the recording to Moodle. Since TCS is going away the customer has been trialing CMS as the conference bridge and recording server. Unfortunately when TMS schedules the conference with CMS it grabs a random (round robin?) CMS space. Thus when the class is over and the recording complete there is no way to tie the recording to a specific instructor.  My customer thinks that if TMS could have a slight modification to allow the person scheduling the conference to choose a specific space (one identified for a specific instructor) then this could solve their problem and thus allow them to move forward with migration from TMS/TPS/TCS to TMS/CMS. Would such a TMS change be possible? I assume there must be other customers running into a similar problem.  

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Given you are a Cisco Employee, you would probably have better luck engaging directly with the TMS BU through your internal channels than posting here in a public forum predominantly viewed by customers and partners.

But, as a possible workaround, could your users set TMS to call a specific Recording Space (they could select it from a Phonebook - the phonebook entry would be the same SIP URI every time) and not just rely on TMS to pick a random CMS space to do the recording?  That way it's a simple process change you can do immediately than requiring features to be added to products which could take a long time.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.