Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help on SX10 Configuration....

We have a Spark Room Kit and (9) SX10. We would like to be able to configure the SX10 to function like the Spark Room Kit. The end results would be able to leave the wall selector plate on Video Conferencing and for the SX10 to be able to pick up Proximity, HDMI, or the VGA.. The challenge that we have right now is the limited space in the conduit  to run cabling through. For cabling management is there a solution that you recommend? Our present solution is the Covid box which is limited in advancing our TelePresence.

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
If the room is small enough, you could have the HDMI and VGA cables sitting on a credenza in the front of the room. Another option is to have them in conduit fastened to the wall, and across the floor covered with floor molding. Unless your in-wall conduit is large enough for HDMI and VGA cables, or you make your own cables, you don't have many options.

Patrick, Presently we are running them through the wall. They are using a fiber optic HDMI which fits well. I would like to use the same cabling. Presently this feeds into the Covid Box. For cabling management in case the cable connection end of the HDMI or VGA goes bad going into the Laptops we will need some kind of connection under the floor panels to connect the cabling going through the middle of the table. I did not know if a CAT5 going to a HDMI Splitter and run the VGA cable directly to a VGA to VGA Splitter in case of any cabling issues. Your thoughts, I may be just grasping for staws/solutions

I've done several installs where we've used AV switchers such as Crestron Digital Media or simply a wall or floor plates with an HDMI/VGA connection. 

Thank you I will research on both options. Thank you very much