Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help on VCS Starter Pack Express configuration

alexey.murkaev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I am trying out to configure the VCS Starter Pack Express Version:          X6.1

I've followed the Cisco_VCS_Expressway_Starter_Pack_Deployment_Guide_X5-1 guide.

All of the steps are done. All necessary DNS configurations are done as well.

Cluster name: vcs.ctp.example.com

SIP domain name: vcs.ctp.example.com

Local host name: vcs

Domain: ctp.example.com

3 users are created.

Movi settings:

username: v.pupkin

password: *********

SIP domain: vcs.ctp.example.com

But none of those are allowed to be registered within VCS.

Movi says:

Wrong username, domain and/or password. Check spelling and Caps Lock.

But those are right! I have chacked them many times.

Logs are in attachment.

Please, somebody help.

P.S. Is there any recommendations regarding FQDN? Should it be of 3rd layer, or 1st? Should SIP and Cluster domains be set with the same FQDNs?

1 Reply 1

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The domain you use in the advanced movi settings must be the same then a domain set in the vcs sip domain settings.

So in general it can be ok with your: vcs.ctp.example.com but I would use ctp.example.com or better: example.com.

If you just use example.com you could point your A records to a web site and srv records for h323 and sip to the VCS.

As long as you do not have an ISDN gateway or if anything else is preventing you from doing so,

I would start with setting all zones to "treat as authenticated" and disable authentication and see if you can log in.

If that works I would read the admin guide about zones, and also browse the forum as there are some

good tips regarding the zone authentication settings and how it works.

I would say for a single starter pack vcs its ok like you did, to have the cluster name = local+domain.

If you use a regular vcse I would call the local host vcse1 and the cluster name vcse.domain, that would

make it easier if you want to use it in a real cluster later on.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify