Views
Helpful
Replies

No video output from PrecisionHD 12x camera on SX20

GlobeMedNigeria
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

The camera on my SX20 telepresence system (PrecisionHD 1080p 12X) is malfunctioning. . There's no video output.

At first I thought it was a configuration issue, so I did a factory reset. Still, no video. I connected the camera directly to a TV. No output. But the remote controller moves the camera.

The problem started on thursday. However, by friday, I met it working when I got to the office and Today (monday) its acting up again.

The system was installed in 2012 and has been working fine since then. My users however complained that the resolution dropped significantly in the week before the system started malfunctioning.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem could be?

xstatus Camera
*s Camera 1 Connected: True
*s Camera 1 HardwareID: "50000000"
*s Camera 1 Manufacturer: "TANDBERG"
*s Camera 1 Model: "PrecisionHD 1080p 12X"
*s Camera 1 SoftwareID: "S01718-4.0FINAL [ID:40080] 2012-08-13"
*s Camera 1 SerialNumber: "XXXXXXXXXX"
*s Camera 1 IpAddress: ""
*s Camera 1 MacAddress: ""
*s Camera 1 Position Pan: 400
*s Camera 1 Position Tilt: 210
*s Camera 1 Position Zoom: 6
*s Camera 1 Position Focus: 4576
*s Camera 1 Capabilities Options: "ptzf"
*s Camera 1 Flip: "Off"
** end

2 Replies 2

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

I think you need to replace the camera.

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On thing you could try is upgrading the software on the SX20 to a recent firmware version.  These also include firmware updates for the camera.  The latest software for the endpoint and camera is included in TC7.3.0.

If the camera still does not work after the upgrade, it's likely it is dead.  You should organise a replacement through the Cisco TAC or your normal support channels (note: you will need an active service contract on your device to do so).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.