cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not registered on any call protocol

sbahutale1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm tryng to make SX10 to work in standalone mode.

But when I run the diagnostics, it still giving me the error:

The system is not registered on SIP. It will not be able to place or receive calls until properly configured.

SIP Listen port is ON

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Because you don't have the SX10 configured to use a call control server such as CUCM or VCS, you're always going to get that message, this is because the SX10 wasn't intended to be as a standalone endpoint.  As long as you have the SX10 and your network configured properly, you can disregard that message.

There are several threads in the forums where people have configured their SX10 as a standalone endpoint, might be good idea to review them if needed, search for "sx10 standalone".  Below are some examples.

sx10-call-protocol-registration

sx10-call-type-scenario

Thanks Patrick..

We want to install SX10 behind firewall/router by forwarding/NATing public static IP to LAN IP & by opening ports.Can we configure device in this way???

Regards,

sbahutale

There are a few threads throughout the forums where others have tried that.  You can try it, but not sure it will work because as I said, the SX10 wasn't meant to be used standalone so there is no configuration on the endpoint to support NAT.  Suggest you check through the forums, and see what issues or solutions others have ran into.

Thanks Patrick for your support....