Level 5
Level 5

Hi All,

TMS - 14.2.2

TMPSE - 1

VCS - X7.1

Jabber Video - 4.6

(with FindMe option on TMS and VCS-c)

Device Address Pattern (provisioning Users) - {username}.{device.model}.{device.connectivity}@domain.com

I have just come across something when pre-staging a Jabber environment. I had two Windows PC machines logged in with the same account details to the internal VCS-C (so would have the exact same Device Address Pattern, although registered from different IPs), then called a Jabber MAC client also registered to the VCS-C which was logged in using different credentials. In one instant the calls worked as expected. In the other the call connected and video and audio from the Mac to the PC worked for around 5 second then froze and stopped. The video and audio from the PC to the MAC continued with no issue.

I then loged out of the client that worked without any problems. I had to restart Jabber on the PC where I saw issue, but then I could successfully make a call to the MAC client without the video/audio dropping. I didn't notice this issue when dialing to a Windows client, although I may need to do more testing with this to confirm.

Is this a limitation what you cannot have multiple devices with the same "Device Address Pattern", and does such registration cause these problems?

Cheers

Chris

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Woud say that your client crash just a concidence.

Depending on your search rules/priority and your deployment and where the call is placed and

where the other devices are registered you might see some strange symproms with

multiple logins, like one on vcs-c the other registered on the vcs-e, someody dials you internal

only the vcs-c client rings, somebody dials you from external only the -e registered rings, ...

Also if you have multiple users doing you might eat up your licenses.

Due to the licensing part In our inviroment we aks users only to log in once. Its even the oposite,

there is no way to block multiple registrations which I would like to see, but neither the provisioning

nor the registration on the vcs have that capability, ...

Do just reboot the computer, restart jabber video, would not be the first random crash I have seen ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

I think this issue actually relates to the use of ICE/TURN. We had enable ICE as we have found that in some instances, remote users could not connect. However, I can't see a way to specifiy if you want to use ICE in some instance but not others, this then leads to issues between local users.

I have started another thread on this at https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2230672?tstart=0

Cheers

Chris