cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet marking verification of outgoing packets for Immersive Endpoints TX, CTS Series

jvodny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any way how to verify outgoing packet marking from TX and CTS Immersive systems on the system itself please?

Can I find it somewhere in the logs? In which one please?

I can see packet marking for incoming packets in Call Statistics but not for outgoing packets.

CUCM config is EF for voice and AF41 for Video (verified at Telephony Settings) but I can see both audio and video incoming packets on other site as AF41.

Any answer really appreciated.

Regards,

Josef

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Chris said, use something with port mirroring to be sure.

There is also a capture cpapability on the CTS / TX systems, please see the cli guide

utils network capture

utils network capture [dest ip-address-or-hostname]
[
host [ ip | arp | rarp | tcp | udp | all]://ip-address-or-hostname] [page][numeric][hex][file][count number][size number][port number] [src ip-address-or-hostname]

Syntax Description

count number dest

ip-address-or-hostname file
hex

host

protocol://ip-address-o r-hostname

numeric page
port
number size number

src

ip-address-or-hostname

Optional. Number count of packets to capture. Maximum count is 1000 for file, 10000 for screen.

Optional. Source address of the packet as a dotted IP or hostname.

Optional. Sends capture output to a file (netCapture).

Optional. Shows output in hex and ascii.

Optional. The all keyword specifies all protocols. ip-address-or-hostname is the host address of the packet and can be a dotted IP or hostname. The :// is required between the protocol and IP address or host name.

Optional. Show hosts as dotted IP addresses.
Optional. Pauses output.
Optional. Port number of the packet (either src or dest).
Optional. Number of bytes of the packet to capture. Maximum size is 1024. Optional. Source address of the packet as a dotted IP or hostname.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

I know this is not exactly what you asked for, but I would be inclined to either mirror a port on the connected switch, or add network tap in line from the systems. This is the only way to be sure what is on the network.

Cheers

Chris

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Chris said, use something with port mirroring to be sure.

There is also a capture cpapability on the CTS / TX systems, please see the cli guide

utils network capture

utils network capture [dest ip-address-or-hostname]
[
host [ ip | arp | rarp | tcp | udp | all]://ip-address-or-hostname] [page][numeric][hex][file][count number][size number][port number] [src ip-address-or-hostname]

Syntax Description

count number dest

ip-address-or-hostname file
hex

host

protocol://ip-address-o r-hostname

numeric page
port
number size number

src

ip-address-or-hostname

Optional. Number count of packets to capture. Maximum count is 1000 for file, 10000 for screen.

Optional. Source address of the packet as a dotted IP or hostname.

Optional. Sends capture output to a file (netCapture).

Optional. Shows output in hex and ascii.

Optional. The all keyword specifies all protocols. ip-address-or-hostname is the host address of the packet and can be a dotted IP or hostname. The :// is required between the protocol and IP address or host name.

Optional. Show hosts as dotted IP addresses.
Optional. Pauses output.
Optional. Port number of the packet (either src or dest).
Optional. Number of bytes of the packet to capture. Maximum size is 1024. Optional. Source address of the packet as a dotted IP or hostname.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

jvodny
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Martin,

That is I was looking for. I supposed it could be used on via root account and have not checked it.

Josef