cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PASSWORD STRUCTURE ON MXP SERIES CODECS

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I am running F9.3.4 on most of my MXP's but have a question about the passwords.

On TMS to manage passwords for MXP endpoint:

Is the SystemUnit Password label on TMS the same as IP Administrator Password or the IP Access Password ???

Is the OSD Menu Password label on TMS the same as IP Administrator Password or the IP Access Password ????

Is the RemoteSw Upgrade Password on TMS the same as the IP Access Password ???

What is the OSD Passw ordView AdminSettings???  Where is it on the system locally ??

Thank you.

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In the MXPs you have ippassword which is the same as the SystemUnitPassword, which is the same as the admin password.

There is also a separate Admin System Menu Password which uses a different password.

The label "ippassword" is only available when using telnet/ssh, guess it could also be referred to as an IPAccessPassword - so, in short referring to MXP SystemUnitPassword covers all of those three terms.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi chetcronin, where are you seeing all these different passwords in TMS?

Generally speaking, these older MXP devices only have one username/password combination - and that's the "admin" user, where the default password is "TANDBERG".

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne,

Sorry I wasn't clear ... it's the statement in the TMS .

Says SystemUnitPassword but in the MXP there is no place that states SystemUnitPassword so the question then is when one is referring to SystemUnitPassword?   Is it that is in the MXP, Administrator Password or is is IP AccessPassword??

I am guessing it's the IP Access Password, right??

Thanks. 

Chet Cronin

In the MXPs you have ippassword which is the same as the SystemUnitPassword, which is the same as the admin password.

There is also a separate Admin System Menu Password which uses a different password.

The label "ippassword" is only available when using telnet/ssh, guess it could also be referred to as an IPAccessPassword - so, in short referring to MXP SystemUnitPassword covers all of those three terms.

/jens