Views
Helpful
Replies

Precision 60 standalone control

jamesj123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have 4 x Precision 60 cameras and want to control them directly from a Crestron control system over Ethernet.

Can this be done as I cannot locate any documentation supporting this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check the following post with similar query

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12269601/precision-60-camera-control

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check the following post with similar query

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12269601/precision-60-camera-control

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Thanks Manish, that confirms what I thought.

The official SX80 physical interface guide says the maximum number of cameras cannot exceed 3.

With the use of a network switch and hdmi switcher you seem to be able to connect more, can you confirm that four Precision 60 cameras is a supported solution with the SX80?

Thanks

James

The SX80 has 3 HDMI inputs that can be used for camera inputs, if you need to connect more cameras you can use a network switch and video switcher.

The network switch should be unmanaged so not to interfere with the SX80's internal DHCP server that will assign IPs to the connected cameras.

If you use a video switcher, typically video from all the cameras go into the switcher with a single output going to one of the codec's camera inputs.  In this configuration, if you switch to one of the connected cameras that isn't camera 1, for instance to use camera control, you will stop receiving video from the cameras as there is no associated video input for any of the other connected cameras other than camera 1.  So you'd need to switch to the other camera, control the camera, and then switch back to camera 1 so you can start receiving the video again from the switcher.

Thanks, I managed to find an API command to change the camera id when the external switcher changes, so they can all use the same physical input on the SX80.

Thanks for your help

hello Jamesj123

I have We have 4 x Precision 60 cameras, too. I want to take advantage of them.

Can you help me show XPI connect standalone over Maxtrix cresstron?

thank you.