Views
Helpful
Replies

Preferred Protocol in Routing issue on TMS 15.4 with HD MSE 8510

jasoncbci
Level 1
Level 1

Good day, 

I've been having an issue since upgrading to TMS 15.4. 

The preferred protocol in routing is set to H.323. When booking a conference on an SD bridge, this rule is functional. However, when booking it on an HD bridge it defaults to SIP. The systems in question have both SIP and H.323 addresses.

I've attached some screenshots that might help explain the issue.  

In the picures BL2 is the SD bridge while BL6 is the HD bridge. 

Other than switching from 2 to 6 i did nothing else. It automatically switches from H.323 to SIP. 

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

When you say the systems allow H323 dialing, I assume you're talking about the endpoints?  If so, do the bridges themselves allow incoming and outgoing H323 dialing in their booking settings?  And is the HD bridge registered on H323?

Yes they allow incoming and outgoing h323 dialing and yes it's registered on H323. 

Thanks!

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the MCU is registered using H323, make sure it's allowed to make incoming/outgoing H323 calls in TMS under Settings.

It is allowed to make incoming/outgoing h323 calls. Usually it works no problem. It's in the TMS where it auto switches to SIP. But if i then switch it to h323 manually it works no problem. 

If H323 is prefered calling method, what happens if you disable incoming/outgoing SIP for this particular MCU?