cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem setting up a VWIC-1MFT-E1 1-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - E1 on 1760

pengkeong.fong
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to setup a VWIC-1MFT-E1 1-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - E1 inserted in slot 0/0 from a cisco 1760 modular access router. But when I type the command "pri-group timeslots 1-31" It show me the error mesage "%Controller tdm does not have data capability

%Insufficient HDLC resources for pri-group- it has been removed". The router has the IOS image "c1700-sv3y-mz.122-4.YB.bin". I want to connect to PSTN through E1 connection.

Following that,I try to change the tdm clock source using this command "tdm clock E1 0/0 both export line".It show me the error mesage "%E1 data switch not available for this configuaration."If anybody know how to do, please help me..

Thank you..

6 Replies 6

acontento
Level 1
Level 1

Refer to: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_tech_note09186a0080094a66.shtml

but you probably need to PURCHASE and install some PVDM's (DSP's), I do not believe that they come standard. If you have them in already, the above link will take you through some troubleshooting steps...

Thank you for your reply.

I had purchase and installed 20 channel PVDM which means 10 DSP for the cisco 1760 router but it still don't work....

mhayek
Level 1
Level 1

The router does not like the combination of cards you have in the chassis.

In order for a PRI configuration to work, the controller slot should support both voice and data capabilities. This is possible only on slot 0 and slot 1 in the 1760.

Make sure you are inserting the VWIC module into slot 0 or slot 1 in order for the PRI to work properly. MAke sure you have a PVDM in the chassis by looking for the "PVDM OK" LED on the back of the chassis.

Anther reason you are seeing this is that you don't have enough DSP resources to support 30 B channels.

See this doc on CCO for details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_tech_note09186a0080094a66.shtml

Thanks for the help. It works now!!

dumartin
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this error before. The MFT was in the wrong slot. Can you verify the slot you are using. Also try one of the other slots. Slot 2 wont support MFT (3rd slot). Try the others and see if you get the error.

cezar
Level 1
Level 1

data capability for mft-e1 on cisco 1751 and 1760 is supported beginning with 12.2.8(YJ). try to update your IOS and see what happens. please get back with new "impressions".