Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick SX 20 and SX80 question

David Kos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

If a SX20 or SX 80 are registered SIP with a IP based PBX for telephony service to the system and using H.323 to dial out to video systems, do they have the capability of adding the SIP based Telephony caller to a point to point video call without a multi-site license on the endpoints?  I believe that the MXPs used to have this capability but didn't think it made it to the SX series codecs.  Thanks for your help!

4 Replies 4

Just curios, what is your IP PBX system you are referring to? CUCM or VCS?

You need multisite option installed on the SX20/80 endpoints to make multisite video call whether it's a combination of SIP or H323 calls. Without multisite option, adding another call will make the additional site to become an audio participant only. 

regards,

Acevirgil

I don't believe the IP PBX is a Cisco product.  So if there is a point to point video call connected and the client decides to add a telephone caller that's registered to their SIP based PBX they will be added on as a 3rd party as an audio only participant.  So the call could accommodate a point to point video call and 1 audio caller w/o the multi-site option.  If more video or audio sites would need to be added the multi-site option would need to be active.  I just want to be clear with them what the multi-site option will buy them.

Yes. You're right. Multisite option is not needed if you add 1 audio participant only on the ongoing point-to-point call. But if additional video participant or more audio sites, you need the MS option.

• SX80 MultiSite Software Option: LIC-SX80-MS
  • SX20 MultiSite Software Option: LIC-SX20-MS

regards,

Acevirgil

Thanks for your help Acevirgil, have a Great Evening!