cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Connecting xx.xx.xxx.xx", but no audible feed back (ringer)

Upon pressing send, the screen reads (green), "Connecting xx.xx.xxx.xx", but there is no audible feed back (ringer). Eventually, the call disconnects (red). Does this mean something is a particular port is not opened on the firewall? Perhaps the SX20 is not configured correctly? We assigned a static ip and opened all the firewalls, but still no connection. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Darrell,

Please provide more details.

Is the call going ouside the network

what is the call setup mode etc.

for the audio make sure the speaker is connected to correct port if not using HDMI out for audio,

i am not sure if all of your recent post are co related but if it is then you are using HDMI to DVI cable i guess.

hence waiting for more details.

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

Ravi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The call is going outside our network

The call setup mode is H323

This particular system is connected via HDMI-to-HDMI (no converter cable needed).

All of my posts are related because we can't connect to our remote site in Denver. We are in Wash DC. Everyone's firewall is wide-open but we still can't connect.It's probably a firewall issue, but I want to make sure I've got the SX20 configured properly.

I really don't know where to begin (hence the multiple posts).

Do you know if free phone support is availble for this issue?

HI Darrell,

As guided by Martin, you can check the same.

also can you confirm the call setup mode under H323 Direct or gatekeeper

NaT mode On/off/auto ?

you can contact TAC to get assistance if you find its not a network issue , and if its a network issue then again if these are cisco devices (router , switch , firewall/asa) you can reach to TAC for support.

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This sounds like a pretty ok behavior in case of some kind of network issues.

In Voip (h323 (which you use) and sip) you have some feedback from the remote

site that the call is processed or that it is ringing. If your endpoint receives that info that the

remote site has to send it will play back the ringing sound.

If your endpoint does not receive it it will wait untill a timeout or some reject message from the remote,

without playing any sounds.

Check your network. If its possible place both in the same logical subnet and try from there.

The most common problem are not wide open firewalls, even if believed so :-)

or router/firewalls/algs with h323/sip awareness or generic NAT issues.

If NAT is involved it can become anyhow more complicated.

If NAT is involved (and also to get proper URI dialing) I can recomend using a VCS-E.

Good success.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify