Helpful
Replies

Re-Imaging Cisco TelePresence Content Server

Hoke Kristyanto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to factory reset a TCS the way it is described in the guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/tcs/7_1/admin/administration/tcs_7_1/maintain.html#83431

My question: Where do I get the Content Server Release 7.x USB media kit from? Any idea will be much appreciated, thank you!

Regards
Hoke

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this a TCS hardware appliance or spec-based install?

The USB media kit comes with the TCS hardware appliance, VM installations doesn't include it.

What are you attempting to do, and what is the issue you're facing?

View solution in original post

You might be able to get a copy from TAC and or find out the steps that the media kit uses and do it manually.  Could also just wipe the hard drives.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this a TCS hardware appliance or spec-based install?

The USB media kit comes with the TCS hardware appliance, VM installations doesn't include it.

What are you attempting to do, and what is the issue you're facing?

Hi,

It is an appliance. The customer will decommision the TCS and they want us to factory reset it according to their compliance policy. 

If we lost the USB media kit, which other options do we have here? 

Thanks!

You might be able to get a copy from TAC and or find out the steps that the media kit uses and do it manually.  Could also just wipe the hard drives.

Thanks Patrick. I have raised a TAC case already and they told me they could not provide us with the stick. Like you said, the last option would be to wipe the hard drive. Thanks again for your help.

Regards
Hoke