cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Register MX300G2 ce 8.2.2 to TMS 14.3.2

darin.scott.cs
Level 1
Level 1

Folks, I'm pretty sure I was reading something about software compatibility issues between the newer ce software for the MX300G2 and some newer TMS versions.

What I have is the newer G2 but not so new TMS. I've gotten as far as registering the unit in TMS 14.3.2 but without it officially connecting because of the "Could not connect to system, the connection could not be made due to: No SNMP response" notification. My question is... does this appear to be more of a network related issue as opposed to a software compatibility issue???  I know my SNMP config settings are correct on the unit, and also researched some "time-out" issues that could be occurring. The proposed recommendation was to run a Wire Shark and trace it down to where it stalls out. I'd really prefer to get these (5) new units deployed, but not without registering them in TMS.

Any thoughts on this? It sounds like it could still work in TMS even though I previously read there were some limitations regarding the outdated software... Particularly for TMS.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Darin - you need to upgrade TMS. This is from CE release notes:

§ Endpoints running CE8.0.0 requires TMS 15.0 or later, the latest version is always recommended to ensure compatibility. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce8/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce8.pdf

TMS 14.3.2 is more than three years old (December 2013), CE code is just a little over a year. You need to upgrade - I would not bother trying to make it work with 14.3.2. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Darin - you need to upgrade TMS. This is from CE release notes:

§ Endpoints running CE8.0.0 requires TMS 15.0 or later, the latest version is always recommended to ensure compatibility. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce8/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce8.pdf

TMS 14.3.2 is more than three years old (December 2013), CE code is just a little over a year. You need to upgrade - I would not bother trying to make it work with 14.3.2. 

darin.scott.cs
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks... I figured that was the case but just wanted to be sure as I was seemingly able to get it close to getting configured on TMS without updating. 

Thank you for the confirmation as well as insightful information. 

Hey!

If it fits your case, it is also possible to "only" upgrade to TMS14.4 that support Cisco TelePresence MX300 G2 with TC software. See TMS14.4 Release Notes page 8.

Sincerely

Stefan