Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering MXP300 G2 into TMS

rita.martini
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm attempting to register an MXP300 G2 to TMS (version 14.3.2).  It's fully configured and registered on the VCS, however, receiving the following error on the unit

ERROR: Provisioning Status
Provisioning failed: HTTP code=500

When I attempt to add to TMS, I receive the following error.

"Update Field failed on: SystemTimeZone: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

However..they are.  I set the time zone on both the codec and in TMS.  Has anyone seen this before?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You can downgrade back to TC software, it's the same process as performing an upgrade.  If you recently upgraded from TC software to CE, you can simply swap back to the previously installed software image by going to Maintenance > System Recovery > Software Recovery Swap.

View solution in original post

Glad to hear that you have your problem resolved.

You may wish to consider a further upgrade of your TMS server to TMS15 with the CE software support as more and more endpoints will need to run the CE software in the future.  The older TC software is no longer being developed, and most new devices will ship with CE.

An endpoint such as a DX70/80 will only use CE software and cannot run TC - and you will need at least TMS15.3 to fully support one of those.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Support for the MX300G2 was added in TMS14.4 (see Page 8 of the TMS14.4 Release Notes) so your TMS version isn't up to date enough.

You will need to upgrade to at least TMS14.4.  The latest version is TMS15.2.1.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

We upgraded TMS to 14.4, however, I still cannot register the endpoint in TMS. I just found this on another Cisco forum.  The MX300 is running CE software.  Can I downgrade to TC software on the endpoint?  Will it do anything to the unit?

"TMS 14.5 doesn't support CE software, you can add it to TMS 14.5 if the endpoint is running TC software, but you must upgrade to TMS 15.0 to use CE software as this is the first TMS release to support it.

Also in the most recent releases of endpoint software, both TC and CE, TLS 1.0 support was removed, so TMS must be able to support TLS 1.1 and 1.2 in order to communicate with the endpoints.  Refer to the TC7 Release Notes on pg 7 and CE8 Release Notes on pg 8 for more information on TLS support."

Thanks again for all of your help!

Rita

You can downgrade back to TC software, it's the same process as performing an upgrade.  If you recently upgraded from TC software to CE, you can simply swap back to the previously installed software image by going to Maintenance > System Recovery > Software Recovery Swap.

Thanks for the response Patrick!  We just purchased the codec, and it came with the CE 8.1.1 software.

Since it's a brand new endpoint, it won't have a second software image you can swap to, so you'll need to go through a regular software upgrade to downgrade to TC software.  From the web interface, go to Maintenance > Software Upgrade, you should downgrade to the latest TC software release which is currently TC7.3.6.

That did it!!!  Thank you Patrick! (and thank YOU Wayne!)

Glad to hear that you have your problem resolved.

You may wish to consider a further upgrade of your TMS server to TMS15 with the CE software support as more and more endpoints will need to run the CE software in the future.  The older TC software is no longer being developed, and most new devices will ship with CE.

An endpoint such as a DX70/80 will only use CE software and cannot run TC - and you will need at least TMS15.3 to fully support one of those.

Wayne
--

Wayne

No problem, glad you were able to get it solved.

Don't forget to mark your thread as answered, to help others that might have the same issue find the answer easily.