cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Repurposing existing mailboxes for TMSXE

ampm_25
Level 1
Level 1

Quick question, I am looking to repurpose our existing conference rooms that have the video endpoints in them so that "video conferences" can be “scheduled” for easier setup and tear down of conferences.  This is being done in preference of ad-hoc conferences or having the user need to remember to invite not only the conference room but also the video endpoint.

I have read in the TMSXE Install Guide on page 16 the following:

Repurposing existing mailboxes

If an endpoint is in a meeting room that already has a room mailbox, the mailbox can be repurposed for Cisco TMSXE booking.

Note that any existing bookings in repurposed mailboxes will be replicated to Cisco TMS when Cisco TMSXE starts up. You will get the option to determine whether email notifications should be sent to organizers if any of these bookings fail.

Repurposed mailboxes must also be configured following the instructions in Configuring the room mailboxes [p.17].

In my steps of repurposing these conference rooms, do I need to be concerned at all about previously scheduled regular meetings before the video endpoint addtion for the conference rooms being canceled?  Essentially, I don’t want to mess up previously scheduled meetings from my work and have a bunch of confused/unhappy people that successfully requested the room resource and now the repurposing of the room has freed the room and allowed overbooking to occur.

Long story (I'm wordy sometimes) short, I want to verify that previously scheduled room bookings will remain intact after I repurpose the resource with TMSXE.

TMS v.14.1.1

TMSXE v.3.0.2

Thanks in advance,

Arras V. Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You don't have to worry about that. Unless a system already has been booked in TMS for a conflicting conference, TMSXE won't delete bookings from the Exchange resource calendars.

Regards,

Kjetil

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You don't have to worry about that. Unless a system already has been booked in TMS for a conflicting conference, TMSXE won't delete bookings from the Exchange resource calendars.

Regards,

Kjetil

Just a short comment on your versions:

upgrade of TMS 14.2.1 and TMSXE is recommended. Starting from TMSXE 3.1 and TMS 14.2 the systems are now really time zone aware. We had the issue with conferences, which are reoccuring, that they got off  one hour because of summer and winter time.

Regards, Paul

Do you know if I can go from TMS 14.1.1 and TMSXE 3.0.2 to the 14.2.1 and TMSXE 3.1 versions directly, or do I need to do a step upgrade to version 14.2 first?  I have looked at the release notes, but can't find any direct information that says I can.  I also don't see an installation gude for 14.2.1.

I just found the upgrade sequence in the TMSXE documentation that says to ugrade TMS first and then upgrade TMSXE  This comes from noticing the note of:

Upgrading from 14.2 with Cisco TMSXE 3.1

Customers who have already installed Cisco TMSXE 3.1 with Cisco TMS 14.2 must follow the steps below to enforce re-replication of bookings. With a large database, the process will take several hours and may impact Cisco TMS performance. We therefore recommend performing this upgrade outside of peak office hours:

Upgrade to Cisco TMS14.2.1.

On the Cisco TMSXE server, open a command prompt.

Run the configuration tool using the switches: -wizard -resetAllTransactionIds

The default location of the tool is C:\Program Files\Cisco\TMSXE\ConfigurationApp.exe

Step through the configuration wizard and opt to start the Cisco TMSXE Windows service when the tool closes.

When the service starts, all bookings will be re-replicated.

Thanks,

Arras

You can go straight from 14.1.1 to 14.2.1 (I recently went from 13.2 to 14.2.1 in one go).

I believe the installation guide just refers to all 14.2 versions.