cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset Admin Password from SSH with Root login C90 version TC5.x

Del
Level 1
Level 1

I have a C90 where the password for the Admin account for the web interface and SSH login has been forgotten.   I have used a touch screen to enable root access.

The factory reset is not a menu option on the touch for version 5.x

Using root access I have tried renaming the config file and rebooting -

$ mv /mnt/base/active/config.db /mnt/base/active/config.db.backup

That did not let me back in to the web interface as admin with no password.  Is there a way to reset the admin password from the root level access?

Thanks in advance for any direction.

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the older versions of the TC software, the default admin password is TANDBERG (in CAPS), not blank.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

There are always different things to try, TANDBERG, <blank>, or <anything>.

If you have an issue with a specific software its always worth looking into the proper admin guide.

As you seem to have root access, you can also simply type in tsh, which gives

you the tandberg shell, as if you are admin and you should be able to set the admin password there as well.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Del
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Wayne & Martin for your suggestions.  I guess I should have stated in my post that I did try the defaults but those did not work.  I was able to reset the Admin password from my SSH access and logging in as root by the below steps.

SSH to the C90 and used root as login name.  There was no password set for this login account.

After logging in I typed tsh at the root prompt.  This put me in the end point operation mode. 

Then I type xcommand SystemUnit AdminPassword set password: <password>

I had to reset the C90 after that but when it came back up I was able to login to the web interface with admin and my new password.