cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit Plus Codec with Biamp DSP audio issue

AnthonySr
Level 1
Level 1

My normal situation involves SX20, 80, MX systems and room kits. In our larger rooms we add Shure mx396/c mics and a Biamp DSP. We take the speaker out to a biamp input, a biamp output to the codec mic in and make appropriate matrix points, change appropriate codec settings and never have any problems. In comes the codec plus codec. Same scenario except you cant change the mic input to line. So thats problem number one and I am at a loss for a workaround. Problem 2... we have a crestron DA pulling audio from the table directly into the biamp as program audio. Seems the codec plus also sends this audio out thru the speaker out and when the dsp matrix point is set for pgm audio it blasts thru twice. While listening I disable the matrix point and the audio definitely lowers. 

Problem 3... when all the loudspeaker setting are off, the hdmi out is set to off and loudspeaker set to line out, no system sounds can be heard and no codec volume control from the touch 10 and it seems my over all levels lower greatly. Im about to thru in the towel and tell the powers that be that we will have to swap

the codec with an sx80 to acheive our normal, no problem, results. Can anyone please provide any insight? Im beginning to think the point of the codec plus is to force the user to not use 3rd party equipment. Also note, I do not have any of the above issues with the room kit, 20, 80 or mx, only the plus. 

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Probelm 1: You should be able to adjust both the Biamp DSP (you didn't mention which model) and the microphone input level to get a decent level of audio input to the codec from your DSP.  Watch the meters on the codec when you are adjusting the levels to confirm you are not overdriving (or underdriving) the input on the codec.

Problem 2: Try to limit the number of places you are sending the content audio to in the first place.  If you're feeding it in to both the crestron and the codec, then you will be doubling up and getting inconsitent results.   You may be better off just sending it to the codec, and handing the audio on the codec's output.

Problem 3: It sounds like you are disabling all the audio outputs for the system tones, so that is why you are not hearing them anywhere.  You may need to reevaluate how you are handling and processing all the audio outputs, which may help with your other problems.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.