cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Separate Mic control on the SX80

allen.hipolito
Level 1
Level 1

I have an installation where I need to use the new Cisco touch 10 In Room Control to create a custom interface. I have 8 mics going directly to an SX80 and need to be able to mute 6 of the 8 mics independently of the remaining 2. Has anyone successfully tried this or know if its possible? 

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you use the mute microphone button on the Touch 10, it will mute all microphone inputs.

You could possibly do something using the API with:

xConfiguration Audio Input Microphone [1..8] Mode: On/Off

Have your button on the Touch 10 represent muting the 6 microphones, and have the control processor turn off those microphone inputs on the SX80 using the above command.  Turning on/off the inputs is probably going to be your best solution as I don't think there are mute options for individual microphones, it's either all or nothing.

Patrick, 

Technically all you need to do is interrupt the red (+) wire on the mic plug on any of the mics you want to "mute". A toggle switch in line with the red wire will do the job. Mine is a series of terminal blocks to accept the Cisco mic plugs. Each mic feed travels through the box on its way to the codec mic inputs. But each mic's red (+) is openned (muted) or closed (active) as needed. 

This handles four mics. MuteBox.JPG  

You'll need: toggle(s); box; mic cable; and phoenix plugs just like the Cisco mic plugs.  Box dimensions here are about 4"x 3"x 1-1/4".

If you go with @Patrick Sparkman's solution, you should be able to do this using custom buttons on the Touch10 controller, and then you will not have to add additional hardware to the room like @jphughes1 did, and this is also what I believe you were asking for in your original post.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.