Views
Helpful
Replies

share content on only 1 screen when in dual screen mode

Harry.Huy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody.
We have 1 set of cisco working with 2 TV screens.
When I share the content, it will be show on 2 screens. Is there any way  show only 1 of those 2 screens?
TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From the Admin Guide (page 217 as given above):

Video Monitors
A monitor role is assigned to each screen using the Video Output Connector [n] MonitorRole
setting. The monitor role decides which layout (call participants and presentation) will
appear on the screen that is connected to this output. Screens with the same monitor role
will get the same layout; screens with different monitor roles will have different layouts.
The monitor layout mode that is set in the Video Monitors setting should reflect the number
of different layouts you want in your room setup. Note that some screens can be reserved
for presentations.

Requires user role: ADMIN, INTEGRATOR

Default value: Auto

Value space: Auto/Single/Dual/DualPresentationOnly
Auto: The number of screens connected to the device is automatically detected, and the
layout is distributed on the screens according to the monitor role.
Single: The same layout is shown on all screens.
Dual: The layout is distributed on screens with monitor role First and Second. If a
presentation is part of the layout, all participants in the call are shown on the screen
with monitor role First, and the presentation is shown on the screen with monitor role
Second.
DualPresentationOnly: All participants in the call are shown on the screen with monitor
role First. If a presentation is part of the layout, the presentation is shown on the screen
with monitor role Second.

Note: this also requires you to set the "Video Output Connection [n] Monitor Role" to First and Second for each of your respective monitors.  (See Page 219 of the guide linked earlier).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The answer to your question would depend on which model endpoint you are running and which software version it is on.

Are you able to provide more details of what you have?

If you're on one of the newer models running a recent software revision (the current release is CE9.13.0), see the "Connect monitors" (pg 82) and "Video Monitors" (pgs 217-219) sections of the Admin Guide. for configurations.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne

I am using: CS-KITPLUS-K9 and current software 9.9

After reading the admin guide I can't seem to find any configuration help me to presentation to only 01 screen in dual monitor mode so I opened a ticket to make sure there was no way to execute a client request before I responded to them.

From the Admin Guide (page 217 as given above):

Video Monitors
A monitor role is assigned to each screen using the Video Output Connector [n] MonitorRole
setting. The monitor role decides which layout (call participants and presentation) will
appear on the screen that is connected to this output. Screens with the same monitor role
will get the same layout; screens with different monitor roles will have different layouts.
The monitor layout mode that is set in the Video Monitors setting should reflect the number
of different layouts you want in your room setup. Note that some screens can be reserved
for presentations.

Requires user role: ADMIN, INTEGRATOR

Default value: Auto

Value space: Auto/Single/Dual/DualPresentationOnly
Auto: The number of screens connected to the device is automatically detected, and the
layout is distributed on the screens according to the monitor role.
Single: The same layout is shown on all screens.
Dual: The layout is distributed on screens with monitor role First and Second. If a
presentation is part of the layout, all participants in the call are shown on the screen
with monitor role First, and the presentation is shown on the screen with monitor role
Second.
DualPresentationOnly: All participants in the call are shown on the screen with monitor
role First. If a presentation is part of the layout, the presentation is shown on the screen
with monitor role Second.

Note: this also requires you to set the "Video Output Connection [n] Monitor Role" to First and Second for each of your respective monitors.  (See Page 219 of the guide linked earlier).

Wayne