Views
Helpful
Replies

Single SpeakerTrack 60 for Multiple Codecs

csco10051403
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

In the past, I have used a single Cisco HD Camera connected to an Extron Switch and then outputted the cam video to several Cisco codecs depending on which one is in use.

Have a customer that like and want to use the SpeakerTrack 60 and just wounding if anyone has done this yet with the system and if possible?

Diagram uploaded of what I'm thinking it may look like. I welcome all comments and information. Thanks and looking forward to some responses.  

GB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your idea will work for the HDMI, but the SpeakerTrack 60 camera needs an ethernet connection to the codec that is controlling it, and it needs to be paired with that codec.  The camera can only be paired with one codec at a time.  You would need to switch the ethernet cable between codecs and/or re-pair the camera as well as switching the HDMI for it to be moved between codecs.  For the amount of hassle that will cause you, you could probaly install 4x sets of SpeakerTrack cameras for the same price to feed your four codecs as all the other AV kit you are putting in place to try to make it work.

Is there a specific reason you are trying to multi-purpose the cameras instead of multi-purposing a single codec?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The SpeakerTrack camera, in addtion to the two HDMI cables, also needs an Ethernet cable to connect to the camera.  It is this ethernet cable that is used by the codec to control the camera to activate the movement and tracking.   This can only be done from a single codec at a time.   It will not work with multiple codecs simultaneously.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne,

Thank you for your reply. Ok, so I understand that routing of the video from the SpeakerTrack to a video switcher then have multiple outputs to each codec is not a problem. 

Only one codec at a time will be in use and was thinking to have both the codec and SpeakerTrack controlled by an AMX control/Touch Panel.

Would that work?

The SpakerTrack will be connected to the AMX controller and each Codec will also have connections to the AMX controller. 

Thank again for replay and looking forward to others.

G

Your idea will work for the HDMI, but the SpeakerTrack 60 camera needs an ethernet connection to the codec that is controlling it, and it needs to be paired with that codec.  The camera can only be paired with one codec at a time.  You would need to switch the ethernet cable between codecs and/or re-pair the camera as well as switching the HDMI for it to be moved between codecs.  For the amount of hassle that will cause you, you could probaly install 4x sets of SpeakerTrack cameras for the same price to feed your four codecs as all the other AV kit you are putting in place to try to make it work.

Is there a specific reason you are trying to multi-purpose the cameras instead of multi-purposing a single codec?

Wayne

Wayne,

Thanks again very helpful.

Customer like the idea of speaker track and I've used it before just not to multiple codecs.  

I thought about the FreePort system (single codec) or something like that but the customer does not want it, so single codec was out. The original design was with no SpeakerTrack and just single Cisco Precision Camera to the AV switcher controlled via AMX. The customer has seen the Speakertrack and likes it so wanted to see if it work.

Thanks again and good stuff!

G

Even for control of a Precision60 camera, the codecs need to have an ethernet connection to the camera.

Are you able to explain in more detail why you need four codecs to use the one camera?

Wayne

Wayne,

I have used a single Precision60 camera to multiple codecs in the past. The camera is connected to an Extron AV switch and depending on which codec is used (different domains) the video is routed to a codec. The camera control is via AMX Controller. 

G