cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Specifying different start time

neteng2323
Level 1
Level 1

We have a conference coming up on 6/1 and it's been asked if we can have 1 specific video room connect an hour later than the rest.  Is this possible?  I'm in TMS and I'm not seeing options that granular.  2 rooms need to connnect at 10 but they want 1 to connect at 11 but it needs to be automatic if possible. 

Any help is much appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's not possible to stagger the start time that endpoints will connect within a conference.

If you want one to connect later, you'll have to do it manually yourself.  With the conference open, click the "Connection Settings" tab and go into the settings for the particular endpoint and set it to use "No Connect" for the connection type.  That will prevent this particular endpoint from connecting when everyone else does at the start, but you'll need to manually connect him in TMS when it's time.

Another option is tou could create an entirely separate conference for this particular endpoint, and use the External Hosted option if you're using TMS 14.6 when scheduling it, and enter the address of the other conference.  However, I suggest you do not do this because It's messy, as you'll have two separate conferences to manage and there is more room for error.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's not possible to stagger the start time that endpoints will connect within a conference.

If you want one to connect later, you'll have to do it manually yourself.  With the conference open, click the "Connection Settings" tab and go into the settings for the particular endpoint and set it to use "No Connect" for the connection type.  That will prevent this particular endpoint from connecting when everyone else does at the start, but you'll need to manually connect him in TMS when it's time.

Another option is tou could create an entirely separate conference for this particular endpoint, and use the External Hosted option if you're using TMS 14.6 when scheduling it, and enter the address of the other conference.  However, I suggest you do not do this because It's messy, as you'll have two separate conferences to manage and there is more room for error.

Those are the details I was looking for.  Thanks for your speedy response Patrick!