cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 video\self-view issues

neteng2323
Level 1
Level 1

We have several SX10's in our environment.  I have 2 that are giving me issues.  They are the only one's to have reported issues, not sure about the others.  These 2 devices are setup identically and are in different buildings, on different switches, etc.

The issue is the user comes in for a conference call and turns the TV on. The SX10's wake up but display no self-view, and people on the other end can't see anything either.  It's as if the camera on the SX10 crashes.  You can still move the camera around but no-self view.  Unplugging and replugging fixes it.  However, it's happened 2 or 3 times now on these 2 units.

Update:  I updated the firmware on the 2 units as a start.  However, this is just a minor update so not sure it will make a difference.  I did find out that one of the users that reported the issues also reported that both times it happened that they had used the unit for an audio-only conference call prior to the video conference.

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could be hitting bug CSCus51895, what is the software version you're running?

Hmm, that sounds pretty plausible.  

The software version before I upgraded was 7.3.0... I upgraded to the latest release yesterday which is 7.3.2.

Chad Patterson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Download a log bundle from the SX10 and find the ducati.log. Inside this log check for "memory leak". Do you find anything? You may have to check the historical bundles as well. If you see that it may be best to open up a TAC case as you are likely hitting CSCus51895 like Patrick mentioned.