Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 and Touch 10 POE Injector

Hi all,

Does Touch 10 include POE injector like Touch 8 ?

If not, when we use Touch 10 with SX20 and there is no POE switch, CTS-POE-INJ is needed ,I guess.

But we can't order CTS-POE-INJ separately on CCW, so if we forget to order CTS-POE-INJ with SX20, what can we do?

Does Touch 10 work with standard POE injector like this?

http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/details/?model=TL-POE150S

Regards,

Kotaro

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

None of the documentation I have seen says that the PoE injector comes with the Touch 10.  Given they were originally designed for the MX series which include a 10/100 PoE port to connect it to and that the SX10 and SX20 compatibility has only been a recent compatibility addition (in TC7.2+), I'd assume that if you ordered one, it would not come with the PoE injector.

The only documentation of note I've found (the SX80 admin guide) says that it needs to be a mid-span PoE injector, or to power it with a PoE switch.  So any 802.3af injector that works with the Touch 8 should also work fine for the Touch 10.  (And yes, at a quick glance at the specs, the TP link device you linked appears to be a device that would work).

You can probably order the proper CIsco PoE Injector on CCW, you just need to find the correct top end part number - similar to the additional licences for the endpoints - these can be a little difficult to find if you don't know the right starting place (and, no, I'm not sure where to find the PoE Injector, but maybe someone else can assist).

Failing that, you can wait a couple of months and you'll be able to direct pair it via USB (from the TC7.3 release notes: "A Cisco branded USB-to-Ethernet adapter will be available in March 2015").

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

Thank you Patrick, Wayne.

I got an answer from Cisco that Touch 10 does not include POE injector if we order it as an option of SX20.

We need to order "CTS-POE-INJ " at the same time when our customer do not have any POE switch.

So if we forget to order "CTS-POE-INJ " we can order POE injector itself separately as "CTS-PWR-AIR-INJ5= " on CCW.

Of course you need power cable for "CTS-PWR-AIR-INJ5= " .

Regards,

Kotaro

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would assume you could use the Touch 10 with any POE injector or switch as long as it meets the Touch 10 requirements in regards to the amount of power over POE.  Unforgettably, I can't find what class POE the Touch 10 is.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

None of the documentation I have seen says that the PoE injector comes with the Touch 10.  Given they were originally designed for the MX series which include a 10/100 PoE port to connect it to and that the SX10 and SX20 compatibility has only been a recent compatibility addition (in TC7.2+), I'd assume that if you ordered one, it would not come with the PoE injector.

The only documentation of note I've found (the SX80 admin guide) says that it needs to be a mid-span PoE injector, or to power it with a PoE switch.  So any 802.3af injector that works with the Touch 8 should also work fine for the Touch 10.  (And yes, at a quick glance at the specs, the TP link device you linked appears to be a device that would work).

You can probably order the proper CIsco PoE Injector on CCW, you just need to find the correct top end part number - similar to the additional licences for the endpoints - these can be a little difficult to find if you don't know the right starting place (and, no, I'm not sure where to find the PoE Injector, but maybe someone else can assist).

Failing that, you can wait a couple of months and you'll be able to direct pair it via USB (from the TC7.3 release notes: "A Cisco branded USB-to-Ethernet adapter will be available in March 2015").

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you Patrick, Wayne.

I got an answer from Cisco that Touch 10 does not include POE injector if we order it as an option of SX20.

We need to order "CTS-POE-INJ " at the same time when our customer do not have any POE switch.

So if we forget to order "CTS-POE-INJ " we can order POE injector itself separately as "CTS-PWR-AIR-INJ5= " on CCW.

Of course you need power cable for "CTS-PWR-AIR-INJ5= " .

Regards,

Kotaro

TROYWRIGHT77
Level 1
Level 1

hello , I have a touch 10 that is plugged in to a Camera bar

the camera bar does not power up the touch pad (  requires a separate power source INJ which did not come with the device)

when plugged directly into our network the device powers up with not problem. 

Cisco spark room kit did not come with a POE injector as shown in the manual as to what comes in the box.