Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 AutoAnswer Mute Problem

Yan Simkin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

SX20, CE9.3.2. Doesn't mute itself upon auto-answer. Checked the config, even reset it to the factory settings - nothing helps. Didn't find this in known issues or bugs. Please advise.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you sure that you have the setting right, and that there is nothing else overwriting it (TMS Template / CUCM config / etc)?

The setting can be found on the SX20 in the web interface under the Setup > Configuration > Conference > AutoAnswer and set the "Mute" setting to "On", or via the CLI with the command

xconfiguration Conference AutoAnswer Mute: On

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Yes, I'm sure I have the settings right. The TMS Template is configured the same way and there's no CUCM in the picture. Most SX20 do work, the others don't.

Thanks.

Is there any difference between the ones that do work and the ones that don't?

Software version on the endpoints?  Different TMS Templates?  Is the TMS Template using the correct "CE" settings and not generic or "TC" settings?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

We use separate TMS templates for TC and CE and only push version-appropriate settings and not generic. 

Capture.JPG

The version is CE9.3.2... Same Template pushed to all.

Thanks,

Yan

Have you checked that all the settings the template is trying to set are valid, and that, on those that don't behave in the manner in which you expect do have the setting applied on them?  Is TMS showing an errors when pushing that template?  

It wasn't with that particular setting, but a different one, where TMS was failing pushing a setting to the endpoint, and exited, meaning that the rest of the settings that should have been applied by the template never got processed.  I'm pretty sure that it was CE9.4.0 that fixed the issue we had with this (we're now running CE9.4.1 on the majority of our CE endpoints).  Perhaps a software update will help - and I'd recommend that you consider a new one soon when CE9.5.0 is released as that will also address Security Vulnerability CVE-2018-5391 (See CSCvm15489).

Wayne