Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Factory Reset

Roger.a.cooper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a SX20 and have attempted to complete the factory reset.  I have powered off the system, pressed the power button for 10 seconds, the ring blinks on, I press the power button twice and a couple of minutes later the system comes back but the rs-232 login username: admin password "" does not work as it did before.

The problem started when I tried to start a service that I did not have access to and the sx20 is now a brick.

please help

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you follow the directions outlined in this video: Factory Reset SX20 Codec, and did the LED light up similar to what is in the video?

What shows on the screen after you try the factory reset, did you try username admin with a blank password?

If you have access to the serial port, you can try to factory reset via the console, see password-recovery.

Patrick

I followed the instruction on the video and the LED did the circle but I did not get the Factory Reset message.  Nothing shows on the screen, If I send a serial command the Welcome screen shows and the serial asks for username and I reply with admin and then asks for password and I reply with \n

I have tried both pwrec and factoryreset as usernames and blank password and get no difference.

I tried to do the hardware factory reset with the name changed to both and still no difference, I never get the factory reset message.

Next idea please

Thanks

If factory reset isn't working at all, no matter the process used, suggest you contact TAC.  They might have another process and/or be able to go through the process with you and if there is an issue be able to identify it.