Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 Firmware Filename Question

rgraham03
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy All,

First post and hopefully a simple enough question. I'm an integrator going into a customer's older room. They have a Cisco SX20 running TC6.3.0 firmware. This is causing issues with the Extron control module I have to use since it was built for TC7.3 and up. I'm successfully controlling 5 other SX80 units on this site which run TC7.3.6. So I believe we need to update the firmware on this unit.

The issue is that neither I nor the customer have access to a current service contract for this unit. However, we do have a copy of the firmware we used to update the SX80s. My question is this:

Can I load "s52020tc7_3_6.pkg" into an SX20 or does it need to be "s52010tc7_3_6.pkg". I know there was an issue with release keys but this unit is already past the point where that was a requirement so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm hoping it just means some IO ports simply won't exist and it won't cause any major issues.

Thanks for your time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cannot use a "s52020" file as that is for the SX80/MX700/MX800.  It will not work on a SX20.

You will need the "s50210" file for the SX20.

If you absolutely must use "TC" software on the SX20, you should use the latest TC7.3.21 version, but, as the older TC software is no longer being actively updated, it would be highly recommended that you update to the newer CE code.  The suggested release of CE for a SX20 at the time of this post is CE9.15.10.8.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cannot use a "s52020" file as that is for the SX80/MX700/MX800.  It will not work on a SX20.

You will need the "s50210" file for the SX20.

If you absolutely must use "TC" software on the SX20, you should use the latest TC7.3.21 version, but, as the older TC software is no longer being actively updated, it would be highly recommended that you update to the newer CE code.  The suggested release of CE for a SX20 at the time of this post is CE9.15.10.8.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

rgraham03
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the reply. I had a feeling that would be the case but I wanted to double check anyway.