Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20. HDMI input with audio and video?

nibitidea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.
I have to integrate a codec SX20 with Extron HDMI matrix as the main source of video + audio.
The main HDMI input, supports video with embedded audio?

Thank you.

Luis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We use Extron scalers (DVS-605) to feed the video (from multiple cameras in a PiP layout) in to our SX20s - however, we feed the audio in via the mic connector.

We haven't tried the HDMI audio in at all.  The data sheets say it should work, but there are other discussion (ie SX20 - Audio from camera HDMI) where it says it's a bug with the documentation (CSCuh72577).

The TC7 Admin Guide (Page 61) says that the HDMI Audio Input only works when using a Cisco camera with an integrated microphone, and, If you are using any other camera, the HDMI audio input will be disabled regardless of however you set the endpoint.

The CE8.0.x software has removed the "Audio Input HDMI Mode" option completely (Page 8 of CE8 Admin Guide).

So, in short, I don't think you're going to have any luck with the HDMI audio from your Extron, and you'll have to do like we did, and feed your audio in via the Mic or Content inputs.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the SX20 Data Sheet, it supports four audio inputs:

• Two microphones, 4-pin minijack
  • One minijack for line-in (stereo)
  • One audio in from camera (HDMI)

Thanks Patrick.
I want to know if anyone has tried this.
No meeting information.
Luis

We use Extron scalers (DVS-605) to feed the video (from multiple cameras in a PiP layout) in to our SX20s - however, we feed the audio in via the mic connector.

We haven't tried the HDMI audio in at all.  The data sheets say it should work, but there are other discussion (ie SX20 - Audio from camera HDMI) where it says it's a bug with the documentation (CSCuh72577).

The TC7 Admin Guide (Page 61) says that the HDMI Audio Input only works when using a Cisco camera with an integrated microphone, and, If you are using any other camera, the HDMI audio input will be disabled regardless of however you set the endpoint.

The CE8.0.x software has removed the "Audio Input HDMI Mode" option completely (Page 8 of CE8 Admin Guide).

So, in short, I don't think you're going to have any luck with the HDMI audio from your Extron, and you'll have to do like we did, and feed your audio in via the Mic or Content inputs.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne.
It has been very useful to me.

Thank you to the forum.

Luis