cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20

jimm000011
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to know if you can use an SX20 with an external microphone audio system.

Also, are you able to disable the EC in the SX20?

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you can use external microphones with the SX20, we do that all the time in a number of our standard room builds where we feed multiple microphones through external Mixer/DSP and then feed that in to the endpoint as a single mic feed (with appropriately customised cable).

As for your 2nd question, yes, there is an option to turn the EchoControl off on the endpoint.

xConfiguration Audio Input Microphone 1 EchoControl Mode: Off

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

As for your 2nd question, yes, there is an option to turn the EchoControl off on the endpoint.

Oops, I thought there wasn't, perhaps I was thinking of some of the other audio controls found on the integrator codecs that aren't found on the SX20.  I've edited my first post to mark the statement out where I said there wasn't.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It is possible, you can find some examples of this being done if you search the forums or even the web, here are some from here in the forums. It would require some custom wiring and possible some external equipment to make it all work, this is because the SX20 isn't meant to be an integrators codec, as you're supposed to use the microphone that came with the system. 

Regarding the the echo canceller, there is not a way to disable this feature, as mentioned, the SX20 isn't an integrators codec so it's not a configurable option.

EDIT: As Wayne points out below, you can disable the echo canceller, see his reply on how to do this.