cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 and control devices

KacyHicks21882
Level 1
Level 1

Where can I find documentation on adding a third party control device to our SX80 9.15.X? Everything I have found tells me it can be done but I am not finding anything that tells me how to add it.

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The third party device will need to communicate with the API on the SX80.  This can be done over Serial, Telnet, SSH, HTTP/HTTPS or WebSocket.

See the Application Programming Interface (API) Reference Guide for details.

Depending on which 3rd party control device you are going to use, the manufacturer may have modules that provide part of the interaction that you need (ie Crestron, AMX, Utelogy, etc.)

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I saw part of that in the documentation but the codec cannot find a control device. How would the codec know which control device to forward commands to if it cannot find it? 

Maybe I haven't explained this correctly. We have an overhead projector that we want to have the screen lower when pressing presentation or a widget button on the touch 10, so the control device will only be controlling the overhead screen when it receives the command from the codec.