cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 Intermittent Gray Screen

billmackley
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SX80 deployed in a dual screen setting, controlled by 3rd party Crestron system. There's an intermittent problem where the Incoming video (Farend) will go to a gray screen after 15 minutes, most of the time. When this occurs, it's still the output from the Codec as I can see the menu Icons on the screen, like the Mic Mute. I've used a test monitor to rule out any switcher or Cat6 extension that's used. I've replaced the unit with another SX80, backing up and re-loading the configuration image from the bad unit, and the problem stayed. I've debugged the Crestron code and see no activity when this physically happens. That's all the more time I've had to troubleshoot, secure Military facility. I have, however, compare visitd the setup to a know working unit from a very similar room, to no avail, all settings appeared to be the identical. Upon my next return, I was going to either use a config file from the know working unit, and modify as needed. Or, build the configuration from scratch. But I don't see anything that would cause this. There is the registration of H323 and SIP to the Gatekeeper, but no errors or anything there. Anyone have advise?

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

99% of the time, audio or video dropping out after "X" period of time (15 minutes is quite common for this) it is a Firewall issue.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.