cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX80 Losing connectivity minutes after a restart ....

Cyianara69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

So I did a factory reset a SX80.  After it re-started, I put an IP on and everything seem to be find.  After several minutes, my router was unable to ping the SX80 and the SX80 was unable to ping router.   I re-check the IP address and every thing look good.   I restarted the SX80 and when it came back up, I was able to ping it from the router.  The SX80 was able to ping the router but after several minutes I lost all connectivity again ... after several re-starts  and even another factory reset .. it kept doing the same thing. 

I'll connectivity for a few minutes after the restart but then lose it afterwards.  Not sure what do do next, any advice will help.  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you certain the SX80 is the only device using that IP address in the layer two broadcast domain? Because that sounds suspiciously like an address conflict. Check the ARP table on the switch in that network segment before and after you lose connectivity; does the MAC address change? If yes then you have another device using that IP.

SX80 is directly plugged into a routed port so only the router and SX80 are on the subnet.  So an IP conflict is not the likely cause to this problem.