Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tandberg 1700 display Name

I've got a Tandberg 1700, I have only one profile and it is activated, and my display name is saved under that profile. When I call any other VTC ( not the same model) the display name is not what I have it set as, what am I missing? Thanks - also I do not have a user manual of any sorts so I'm just going off of what I've found by going through various parts of the menu/settings

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you tell us how you have the 1700 configured, is it using CUCM/VCS for call control, or standalone?  Are you using H323 or SIP to connect to others, and what endpoints or devices are you connecting to?

Typically if using H323, the display name will be generated from either the E.164 Alias or H323 ID, SIP on the other hand has an option called Display Name.

For admin and user guides, as well as other related documents, refer to Cisco TelePresence System 1700 MXP.

If you have any more questions on this, you should move this thread to the TelePresence section of the forums, where these devices are actively discussed.  To move the thread, edit and change the categories at the bottom of the page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you tell us how you have the 1700 configured, is it using CUCM/VCS for call control, or standalone?  Are you using H323 or SIP to connect to others, and what endpoints or devices are you connecting to?

Typically if using H323, the display name will be generated from either the E.164 Alias or H323 ID, SIP on the other hand has an option called Display Name.

For admin and user guides, as well as other related documents, refer to Cisco TelePresence System 1700 MXP.

If you have any more questions on this, you should move this thread to the TelePresence section of the forums, where these devices are actively discussed.  To move the thread, edit and change the categories at the bottom of the page.

Patrick,

thank you for the input, after getting ahold of the administrator guide, it helped a lot with the terms you threw around, not Savvy with these. It ended up being the E.164 Alias, changed it and worked like a charm, thanks again.

Glad you were able to figure it out and all is working.

Don't forget to set you thread as answered, my selecting the appropriate reply as the correct answer.