Replies

Tandberg failed to call CTS

fantasy24
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Tandberg registered on VCS.

CTS registered on CUCM.

Encryption enabled for all endpoint and call control.

CTS can call Tandberg without any issue with encryption.

Movi can call CTS without any issue with encryption.

But Tandberg cannot video call CTS but audio call success.

CTS ver 1.9.0

Tandberg ver TC5.1

CUCM ver 8.6.1

VCS x7.0.3

I assume that the dial plan is correct due to audio call success from Tandberg to CTS.

All endpoints are SIP registered to CUCM and VCS.

In call control area, SIP and H323 are enabled.

Attached are the diagnostic log taken from VCS-C.

7 Replies 7

Have you tried setting the default call type on the Tandberg endpoints to SIP? (or manually making a SIP call)

If this works, then at least you have isolated the issue to interworking between H323 and SIP.

Hi Nick,

Yes. Default call type on Tandberg using SIP always.

Thanks.

The other thing to try is settings your SIP default transport type to TCP (on both VCS and CUCM SIP trunk security profile).

I have no idea why this works but I've had multiple CUCM to VCS problems fixed this way.

EDIT: also, try fiddling with the region bandwidth settings (make the bandwidth between regions higher or lower) on CUCM and also with the default and maximum call rate on the Tandberg stuff (try increasing and decreasing).

Lastly, you could try registering the TANDBERG stuff to CUCM?  I know that's not a permanent solution but it will help you isolate the problem.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your suggestion.

TCP works fine. But our environment need TLS to secure the transport.

Thanks.

In that case, maybe it's actually worth trying an H323 call from the TANDBERG endpoint?

We recently had an issue (not using encryption) where CUCM to an old version of VCS only worked when interworking from SIP to H323 - calling direct SIP to SIP didn't work (we fixed this by upgrading however).

simoidrissi
Level 1
Level 1

What s about The Trunk configuration on The VCS? Did you Chose The cucm or custom in the Zone config? I Think The video Codec negociation fails. Which encryption mode do you have on Tanberg. I think, this Should be bestEffort.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Sidi

Trunk on custom. I need to get BFCP to work.

For tandberg endpoint, yes. It is on bestEffort.

Thanks.