cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TANDBERG TTC7-08

Nickolay_82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have problem with ttc7-08.When It is turn on, camera moves (green and red lights are glowing). After few seconds red light doesn’t glow and then red light starts to glow again (but device doesn’t shows anything on the screen(dvi or s-video)).When I tried to connect it with pc(serial cable), I connected via Putty with it and it shows me error :

Reset status: 0x00000013 = CHECKSTOP EXTSOFTRESET EXTHARDRESET

4 years ago it was the same issue on the site and the answer was:

Seems like the eeprom has been overwritten and there is no way to fix this yourself.  The only way is to open a TAC case and RMA the unit.

but now ttc7-08 is not on a contract and as I can see on a website is end of support date.

Status
> End of Support EOL Details
> End-of-Sale Date
> 30-JAN-2010
> End-of-Support Date
> 31-JAN-2015

So my question: is it possible to fix it now? and what i must to do.

Thank you for your help!

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For something like that, I don't think there is a solution outside of contacting TAC, not sure what if anything can be done.

But the problem is that I have no service contract and so I can't open the case on site. Is there any possibility for contacting the TAC by email ? 

You can email the TAC (tac@cisco.com), but without any service contract, it's unlikely they will assist, and especially so given the unit is way past it's end of support date.

I'd suggest that you throw that one away and purchase a new device (a SX10 is likely to be a similar but current model as a replacement), or if you really want to stay with the old Tandberg 990, you could look at buying a 2nd hand one off the internet - plenty show up on a quick google search.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.