cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TC 7.1.4 is released

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am pleased to announce that TC7.1.4 is released and can be downloaded on http://www.cisco.com.

Fixes bug CSCup25163 - Multiple Vulnerabilities in OpenSSL - June 2014

Includes the following OpenSSL vulnerabilities identified by the Common Vulnerability and Exposure (CVE) ID's:
CVE-2014-0224
CVE-2014-3470

Bug fix release.

Please read the release notes:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc7/release_notes/tc-software-release-notes-tc7.pdf

Regards,
Magnus Ohm

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Magnus -

Have a question.  Noticed the different TC software codecs, that although they all run TC software, select codecs have different software files.  Such as SX10, SX20/MXG2, SX80 each all have different versions of the TC software filename from one another and from the other TC software codecs.  Why the different file names of the same software, you guys have managed to have the same software C Series/EX and others?

Just asking, I'm getting an SX10 soon, and noticed this week that I'll need to make sure I download a different file from the other C Series/EX codecs.

This is because of the the different hardware platforms on the codecs so the software is the same but tweaked to support the different hardware platforms. This is why we need separate software packages. It is unfortunate but that is how it must be. Some systems are based on the same platform as SX20, MXG2 and SX80, MX700/800, C-Series/EX/MXG1. If you search for SX10 and get the download page of SX10 on Cisco.com you should automatically get the correct software package for this system.

/Magnus

That's what I figured, and it makes sense as the hardware evolves, different tweaks as you say would need to be made to the base software, hence different file names.

Hi Magnus,

I found that not only TC7.1.4, but also TC6.0.3 is described as Known Fixed Releases at https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCup25163.

Is this really correct?

Regards,

Kotaro

According to the release notes, yes it is correct.

TC7 Release Notes, p28.

TC6 Release Notes, p68.

Thank you Patrick,

So we need to downgrade from TC6.3.1 to TC6.0.3 if we want to use bug fixed TC6.x codecs?

We have just upgraded many codecs because of Heartbleed bug but now we have to downgrade themangry

Regards,

Kotaro

Hi Kotaro,

It all depends on which bug sets you're trying to be free of... and which you consider to be more of an issue.

If you absolutely must stay with TC6.x then:

TC6.3.1 is the only version that's Heartbleed fixed (but doesn't include the other OpenSSL fixes)

TC6.0.3 fixes the other bugs listed above (but not Heartbleed).  Note: TC6.0.x also includes quite a number of other bugs that have been resolved in the later versions (ie CVE-2013-3378)

If you want to go to a version that includes fixes for all of the above, you'll need to go to TC7.1.4.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you Wayne,

Then I will use TC7.1.4...

Anyway these OpenSSL bugs exusts me.

Regards,

Kotaro