cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TC5.1.7 or TC6.0.0 ?!?

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

I see TC5.1.7 just got released. And TC6.0.0 was released on 31-Jan-2013.

What version should I use?                  

Very confusing...

rgds, Geert.

6 Replies 6

j.burwell
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed the same thing today. I already upgraded to TC6.0.0 and would recommend it as the user and web interface is improved. I am confused as to why they would have released another TC5x update. The only thing I can think is maybe there were critical bug fixes for some reason they wanted to roll those in to aTC5x update that users could load if they did not have adequate support to get a release key to upgrade to TC6 but that is just a guess.

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

TC6.0 without doubt, and I'll second j.burwells guess re TC5.1.7 after looking at the release notes for this release.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its not the first time that an older version gets upgrades.

Some organizations certified spcific major versions as "ok" so there might be a business case to still support it.

(take a look at your computer operating systems, its the same there)

Btw, TC6.0.1 is now also released:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283688219&softwareid=280886992&release=TC6.0.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Always read the release notes / docuentation befoe upgrading!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc6/release_notes/tc_software_release_notes_tc6.pdf

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Looks like it's only the camera software upgrade for PrecisionHD 1080p 4X S2

which is new in TC6.01 - which also was included inTC5.1.7

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Its a minor release of a minor release, in short an increase of +0.01, what do you expect :-)

I am not so sure about the definition oth the word "new", is a upgraded camera firmware a "new" feature.

If yes, then also bug fixes are something "new" and at least there are additional changes/fixes="news" as well,

check out the "Resolved caveats in TC6.0.1" section.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Greg Roberts
Level 1
Level 1

As I understand it, TC5.1.7 addresses the issue of camera firmware corruption while not introducing the dual display presetation/selfview bug (CSCuf21345) found in TC6.0.