cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCS login problem

Melany Nolan
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i have a TCS server which suddenly cannot login.

I can login the windows server with the administrator password, but when i go to the web (https://x.x.x.x/tcs), and login with administrator, it shows

Incorrect user name or password.

anyone has encountered this issue?

thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Melany

Purge that system and try to add it again but now try to tick the "Add non-SNMP system" button in the advanced settings.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

Hi Melany, Let us know if you are still seeing the error after adding the TCS as non-snmp.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Melanie, Can you try recovering the admin login by logging in to http://TCSIP/tcs/#page:login&rescue:true

Replace TCSIP with your TCS server IP in the URL.

HTH.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

it works fine, thanks.

Btw, i found that when i go to the webpage, it shows "invalid certificate", i can login successfully tough.

is it normal?

and I am not able to add tcs to the tms. in TMS, it prompts "cannot find system".

Hi Melanie, invalid certificate is seen normal on the IE browser.

Please refer to the steps as mentioned below for configuring the TCS Server for Use by TMS.

Step 1. In the Content Server administrative web interface, enable the Content Server API:

a.From the Management tab, go to Configuration > Site settings.

b.In the API section, check API enabled.

NoteIf you have not already, change the API password from the default to a strong password.

Step 2. Staying in the Content Server administrative web interface, configure the Content Server:

•If the Content Server is registered to a gatekeeper in gateway mode, users scheduling a call in TMS 11.8 and above can choose from a range of system recording aliases and their personal recording aliases. No further special configuration is necessary on the Content Server for standalone Content servers.

If the Content Server is part of a cluster, ensure that the frontend address in Site settings is set to the network load balanced address for the cluster; otherwise, links to recordings that are generated by TMS might not work.

•If the Content Server is registered to a gatekeeper in terminal mode, only system aliases and dedicated personal recording aliases (with the owner set to api-admin) are available for recording. On the Content Server, do the following:

a.From the Management tab, go to Configuration > Groups and users. Add a user with a site manager role and with the username api-admin.

b.Create a personal recording alias—for example, with the name TMS Alias—and set the owner to api-admin.

c.Create two live and three non-live dedicated TMS-only recording aliases. Only those aliases are available to TMS for scheduling.

Step 3. Add the Content Server (or Content Server cluster) to TMS. For more information, read the TMS online help.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

thanks, I have followed these steps..

the system is added to tms but it shows "System status:Not Yet Activated"

Hi Melanie, Have you installed the relevant release key on the TCS device ? are you seeing error "System status:Not Yet Activated" on TMS ticket ? Can you help to share the error screenshot.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

Hi Mahesh,

I don't have any release key on the TCS as it comes with 2 Live Broadcast and 5 Recorded calls license already.

Attached is the error screenshot.

Thank you.

Hi Melany

Purge that system and try to add it again but now try to tick the "Add non-SNMP system" button in the advanced settings.

/Magnus

Hi Melany, Let us know if you are still seeing the error after adding the TCS as non-snmp.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

Hi, I have added the TCS as non-snmp, but still showing that error - Not Yet Activiated.

Hi Melany, I quickly added our TCS in Lab as non-snmp device with API password and was able to successfully add the same in TMS with out any error. I would suggest to open a Service request with TAC to further check this problem.

BR, Mahesh Adithiyha

it is ok now after i purge the system instead of delete it.

Thank you Magnus and Mahesh