Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Content Server without VCS

Dear all,

I'm not sure if I can use the TCS without a VCS. I have registered Video IP Phones & Telepresence devices like EX90 in the CUCM 8.5 and I try configure the TCS for record the videoconferences with the SIP Settings in the site settings window but not work.

I'm not sure about the configuration of the SIP URI field and SIP display name.

Thanks & Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have managed to record the video session on TCS while SIP trunk directly between CUCM and call from SIP UA registered on CUCM.

However please note TCS admin guide listed needs of using VCS as requirement to function properly, so even this works doesn’t mean officially supported.

On CUCM

• Configure SIP Trunk between TCS (i.e TCSTrunk)
  • Configure Route Patterns for recording alias (i.e. 440X and select SIP trunk from “Gateway/Route List” pull down list)

On TCS

• Configure SIP address (URL) on recording alias (i.e. 4401@172.16.1.50:5060, assume 172.16.1.50 is CUCM IP address and using TCP for SIP signaling).

Then dial recording alias (i.e. 4401) from SIP UA registered on CUCM.

You will see recording countdown and session will record on TCS.

Below is example for using IPC and dialing into TCS recording alias.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hi Eduardo

I think you can not use TCS without register TCS aliases on the gatekeeper or Sip registrar.

Br. Oleksandr

P.S. 

System Requirements

Gatekeeper

VCS X2.1 or higher.

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eduardo,

one very important thing for TCS is that you have the TCS aliases registered and should be routable in your video domain as point correctly by Oleksandr.

Now in your scneario if you do not have VCS that means you do not have a TCS alias registered. And hence no video streaming is possible for TCS.

So thats not a possible solution without VCS.

Thanks

Alok

Dear Eduardo,

Do you solve your problem ?

recording telepresence meetings with content server without vcs ?

Well

It is listed under the requirements that the TCS needs a VCS to function properly. But by not registering it to a VCS it should be possible to dial it on IP but then it will always use the default recording alias. But I recommend following the documentation requirements.

/Magnus

Hi Fara

fyi

H.323 is the preferred method for registering the TCS for two reasons: unlimited Recording Aliases and playback on VC endpoints. Only 24 recording aliases for SIP.

br Oleksandr

...We resolved the issue using a 2811 router like gatekeeper...

Eduardo,

Can you share me configuration on gatekeeper and TCS?

I tried to install a router as a gatekeeper, however TCS gateway registration failed. Gatekeeper doesnt know which type of gateway TCS is. The IP address shown on 'show gatekeeper endpoint' is wrong

sh gatekeeper endpoints

GATEKEEPER ENDPOINT REGISTRATION

================================

CallSignalAddr  Port  RASSignalAddr   Port  Zone Name         Type    Flags

--------------- ----- --------------- ----- ---------         ----    -----

169.254.167.182 1720  169.254.167.182 1719  BSM-GK           UNKN-GW

H323-ID: BSM-CTCS

E164-ID: 1300

Voice Capacity Max.=  Avail.=  Current.= 0

Total number of active registrations = 1

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have managed to record the video session on TCS while SIP trunk directly between CUCM and call from SIP UA registered on CUCM.

However please note TCS admin guide listed needs of using VCS as requirement to function properly, so even this works doesn’t mean officially supported.

On CUCM

• Configure SIP Trunk between TCS (i.e TCSTrunk)
  • Configure Route Patterns for recording alias (i.e. 440X and select SIP trunk from “Gateway/Route List” pull down list)

On TCS

• Configure SIP address (URL) on recording alias (i.e. 4401@172.16.1.50:5060, assume 172.16.1.50 is CUCM IP address and using TCP for SIP signaling).

Then dial recording alias (i.e. 4401) from SIP UA registered on CUCM.

You will see recording countdown and session will record on TCS.

Below is example for using IPC and dialing into TCS recording alias.

BTW, I tested with CUCM9.0.1 and TCS 5.3 software release, but assume have same result even with CUCM8.6.2.