cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence CTM setup

dtom
Level 1
Level 1

I just added a new Telepresence unit in CUCM ver 7.0.1 and added the unit as a room in Exchange 2007.  My problem is that the unit does not show up in CTM ver 1.6.5.0.  I followed the steps in the Setting up the room to use Cisco Teleprseence Manager chapter but seemed to have missed something.  There are other units that show up in CTM.

6 Replies 6

almattso
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure that you have added the new endpoint to the list of controlled devices, under the CTS Manager application user in the CUCM. As shown below:

Once it's added, you should be able to log into the CTS Manager, and under Unified CM click 'Discover Rooms' and it should show up as a new room in the CTM.

That worked!  I can now see the new unit in CTM.  However, in CTM the unit shows a CTS error (red X).  Any thought as to what this is?  The unit is registered in CUCM and I tested a call to the new unit, which appeared to work fine.

Log into the endpoint GUI, and look in the bottom left. You may need to click on the little magnifying glass, but whatever is showing a red X there is your problem. When the CTS unit connects to the CTM, it sends a message with the same status as the little icon behind the magnifying glass to the CTM. Clear it up on the endpoint, and it will go away on the CTM.

The red "X" is on the Room Phone with the following error message:

IP Phone Status: Connection error; Software: Unable to retrieve software version.

What does that mean?

thats mean somthing wrong with the connectivity between the Codec and Ip Phone

check:

- you have compatible lates medlit installed and subscribed to the phone

- you are using the lates compatible version on th eip phone ( check the compatibility matrix ) CM version, CTS version, CTM version and the Ip phone version

HTH

Check if the IP Phone is having Sip load ( If it is having SCCP then this will happen).

Ensure that IP Phone is having SIP Load.

Check if the CTS is having relevant Midlet loaded in the IP Phone.This is might be due to the compatibility issues of CTS and the Midlet as well.

Shyam